Bruce L. Newman, MD, is an experienced refractive surgeon who has performed cataract and refractive surgery since 1983. Until 1995 he performed radial and astigmatic keratotomy. He became certified to perform Excimer Laser Refractive Surgery and began performing LASIK Surgery, in 1996. In 1997, Dr. Newman set up an office-based LASIK facility with Laser Vision Centers Inc., which later became Sightpath Medical Inc. He is also the Medical Director of a “roll-on/roll-off” VISX/CustomVue refractive surgery facility. He routinely has performed a variety of refractive procedures since 1983. Dr. Newman has published articles, developed instruments, and given multiple lectures to doctors and patients over many years. He has been in private practice since 1990. Prior to that, he was in a group practice in Ohio and in Arizona.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Undergraduate – University of Michigan, BS with High Distinction, 1975
- Medical School – University of Cincinnati Medical School, 1979
- Internship – Wayne State University Hospitals, 1980
- Residency – The Kresge Eye Institute, 1983
- Board Certified Fellow – American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1985
- Member – American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Arizona Ophthalmology Society, Phoenix Ophthalmology Society
Dr. Newman Today
As an ophthalmologist dedicated to his field, Dr. Newman attends the meetings of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery and the American Academy of Ophthalmology since 1983. He also takes continuing education courses every few months across the country to ensure that his knowledge of the field is as up-to-date as possible.
Dr. Newman was named as one of the LaserVision® Top 100 Surgeons for achieving excellence in refractive surgery. Having reached one of the highest case volumes for 2001 ranks Dr. Newman among this elite surgeon group.
- Certified on AMO Intralase Femtosecond laser for bladeless LASIK (2014)
- Certified on the LenSx Laser (2014)
- Certified with the Pelleve S5 Wrinkle Reduction System (2012)
- Certified Nidek EC-5000 Excimer Laser (2011)
- Certified Moria One Use-Plus SBK Thin Flap LASIK (2011)
- Certified VISX STAR S4 Excimer Laser (1995) / Custom Vue Visx (2003) and all Refractive Errors
- Certified LASIK / Hansatome (1996) / Zyoptix
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- Phoenix Baptist Hospital
- JC Lincoln Hospital